Monday, October 26, 2015

Spark to Flames

Getting your creative juices flowing after a dry spell. Wow... If this has never happened to you, you haven't been writing long enough. It seems to be a nearly constant struggle for most writers. Once you find your spark, fanning it into a full flame is much easier. However, finding the initial spark that will catch and burn just enough for you to start fanning it... Quite the challenge.







Writer's Block

It can happen for many reasons:
Lack of inspiration
Too many distractions
Lack of focus
Lack of desire...






How badly do you want it?
Are you still having fun? 
Have you lost your focus? 

Life happens, but you control your reactions to it. If you really, really want to be a writer then you must write. If it's no longer fun, you're going to have to do some introspection - soul searching even - to understand why... and change it. If you just can't focus on what you're doing, maybe you're trying to do too much.

These can drain your drive - discourage you enough to sap you of your desire also. 

Keep pushing forward and never take for granted every little aspect that helps you. I have absolutely wonderful friends that push and prod and encourage me and if not for them, I'd be nowhere near where I am today. When I get discouraged and worn down, one of them is always there at the ready to give me that loving nudge that I need. Not all nudges are so gentle, but they are delivered with love and are always exactly what I need at the time. My own support group of SYNCHRONICITY.

You don't have to take giant leaps... Small steps, small sparks will get you there much faster than none at all.





No comments:

Post a Comment