Monday, September 14, 2015

I am Writer, Hear Me Roar

Who are you as a writer... why do you write? There are many reasons. Probably as many variations in reasons as there are writers. There are some basic reasons, but I find that the writing process is still highly personal for everyone. This is why each writer has their own voice. We are all unique and valuable. So... 



How would you answer?


Do you write because you love it? 

Is it therapy? 

Is it a means to an end?



What do you get out of it? 

What do you hope to gain? 

What do you hope to provide?



So simple, yet so difficult for many of us to answer. 


For me, I write for several reasons. 

Passion and beyond


It is my passion, but it is so much more than that. I put my heart and soul into my stories. A reflection of me lives in each work. Some have more reflection than others, but they all have some. Yes, I want to make a living, but even without that I just have to write. Writing serves as a release, an expression, and a freedom. It shares my emotions, my ideals, and my dreams. 










What do I get out of it?

Do you see the joy and excitement on that face?


I love touching lives. When my stories bring smiles to faces, or any other emotion that I've tried to express, my heart fills with satisfaction and excitement. I release my frustrations fears when I write. I capture my dreams and hopes. I escape to another world and experience the freedom that brings. When others can share in these things, I have done my job.




No comments:

Post a Comment